Results tagged “Carling Cup” from Bluebirds Banter - all the latest banter on what's happening at the Cardiff City Stadium

Tweet me at @lepeje

So its official, Cardiff City are in the Final, yes the FINAL, of the 2012 Carling Cup which is scheduled to take place on Sunday 26th February at Wembley Stadium.
This will be the 4th time in 4 years that Cardiff have graced the home of English football and although it may be a little premature to call it our 2nd residence just yet (Chelsea hold the current record for most appearances with 9) we are certainly doing our best to try and change that.
1CardiffCity.jpg

Tweet me at @roathboy

In recent years, a trend has emerged regarding goalkeeper selection, it has now become common place for clubs to field their reserve keeper in cup ties, even if the rest of the side remains more or less first choice.

Both Crystal Palace and Cardiff have adhered to this tradition in the Carling Cup, with Lewis Price and Tom Heaton both enjoying rare playing time, although Palace opted to restore Speroni for the first leg of the semi final, whereas Cardiff kept faith with Heaton.

Although neither goalkeeper had a great deal to do in a game of few chances, Heaton made an error leading up to the Palace goal that appeared to be due to either a lack of communication or a misunderstanding between goalkeeper and defence.

470David-Marshall.jpg

While the 11,000 or so Bluebirds at the Cardiff City Stadium triumphantly belted out the ever familiar 'que sera' song Tuesday night, debates were already raging about who the Bluebirds want to face in their first League Cup quarter final tie in 46 years.

470Cardiff.jpg

Trips to, Anfield, Old Trafford, The Etihad and Emirates Stadiums remain very much a possibility, but would fans prefer fellow Championship outfit Crystal Palace at home - with every chance of progression.

Personally, I've always wanted to see Cardiff run out at Old Trafford but let me know what you are hoping for on Saturday lunchtime's draw and explain your choice in the comments box below.

Have your say in our poll

The draw will be made at noon (ish) on Saturday 29th October and will be screen live on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday programme.

Quarter final ties will be played on the week commencing November 28.

470Malky.jpg

After polling you - the readers of Bluebirds Banter - on the subject of the Carling Cup yesterday - you have made it clear Malky Mackay should select his strongest team.

http://bluebirdsbanter.co.uk/2011/10/should-malky-mackay-pick-his-s.html

A resounding 79 per cent of voters urged the manager to all he can to beat Eddie Howe's Burnley tonight, despite a small squad and a busy run of Championship fixtures to come.
1Graph.jpg

Debate was raging in today's pre-match press conference as to whether Malky Mackay should pick his strongest side in the Carling Cup fourth round tie against Burnley.
Some say with huge league games to come it should be a NO while others claim with the carrot of a quarter final clash against one of Britain's football elite, it should be a definite YES.

300Malky.jpg

Here's your chance to have your say...

If you can't make the match, follow our live blog from 7.30pm Tuesday

Have your say in the comments box below

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire