Results tagged “Brighton” from Bluebirds Banter - all the latest banter on what's happening at the Cardiff City Stadium

Robin Friday was fed up. He'd been sent off after falling out with Brighton's Mark Lawrenson at their old Goldstone Road ground in 1977 - and took it out on his own team-mates!
They returned to the away dressing room after the final whistle and discovered that Friday had thrown all of their clothes, everything he could find, into the team bath.
1Friday.jpg

Brighton's bright young manager Gus Poyet has handed a final chance to infamous Cardiff born football star Leon Jeanne.
Uruguayan Poyet says he has been set the challenge of resurrecting Jeanne's failed pro career and told the Brighton Argus: "Leon is a personal challenge between me and a friend of mine.
Jeanne in action at Ninian Park - against Brighton
1Jeanne.jpg
"He will be training with us but it's nothing one way or the other.
"It's just something between me and somebody I trust.
"I've never done this before. I don't know how it will work.
"I don't even know the player, although I know his history.
"This isn't a massive thing. It's just him getting a chance to train with a good team."

Click here to read the whole Argus interview

Cardiff-born winger Jeanne began his career at Arsenal before signing a professional contract with Queen's Park Rangers when he was 17.
He was called up to Wales' Under-21 squad and signed for City in May 2001 in a deal earning him up to £1,000 a week after he was given a free transfer out of Loftus Road.
Jeanne was part of a young crop of Welsh stars who passed through Ninian Park at the start of the decade, which included his close friend striker Christian Roberts, who went on to play for Bristol City, Exeter City and Swindon Town, where he worked with Poyet (so I wonder who the mysterious friend is then?), before retiring
But talented wide man Jeanne was kicked out of Ninian Park in disgrace a year after signing over disciplinary issues and later arrested in connection with drugs issues.
After his pro career Jeanne played for Rumney pub team the Carpenter's Arms and Bridgend Street in the Thomas Carroll Senior League Division One.
He has also played for Maesteg Park, Ton Pentre, Barry Town, Merthyr Tydfil, Grange Quins and Dinas Powys at various levels of Welsh league football but was thought to have wasted his immense talent.
Do you think Leon Jeanne could have made it at Cardiff? Have your say in the comments box below

And for those of you who never saw Leonne play, watch him (9 Blue) mesmerise our Media Wales team on the final six-aside tournament at Ninian Park.

allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="245">

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr