Latest from Bluebirds Banter

Speaking at the Community Education Foundation's cleaning up the game event, Cardiff City's midfield maestro Peter Whittingham says he's looking forward to facing some of Britain's best players in Sunday's Carling Cup final against Liverpool.

Leave your good luck messages for the team in the comments box below

So, you've got your ticket and worked out how you're getting to the staduim on Sunday.

But if you're stuck for where to have your pre-match drink or a bite to eat, take a look at our guide.

View Carling Cup Final 2012: London pubs in a larger map

If you know of a better place or we've missed out your favourite Wembley haunt, let us know in the comments box below.

Tweet me @lepeje

Defeat against Ipswich Town last weekend should come as no great surprise to anyone. After all, prior to Saturday's game at Portman Road, Ipswich had won 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6 fixtures against Cardiff City.
Cardiff's last success against the Tractor Boys was at Portman Road in December 2008. Ipswich Town are what is affectionately known in the industry as a 'bogey team' for Cardiff.
This result meant that Cardiff had lost 3 out of the last 4 fixtures, which is only 1 defeat short of the total amount of losses that they had registered all season, prior to this fixture, the 3-1 victory over Peterborough during mid-week merely papered over the cracks.

470Ipswich-defeat.jpg

Tweet me at @roathboy

Rudy Gestede is clearly a favourite of Malky Mackay, if he is fit he usually features, appearing in 24 out of 39 games thus far, that figure would certainly be higher were it not for a series of niggling injuries.

Providing his most impressive performance to date in Tuesday's morale-boosting victory over Peterborough, there are now calls from the terraces for Mackay to start the lofty centre forward on a more regular basis.

Thus far, Gestede has started five games for the Bluebirds, against Huddersfield and Leicester in the Carling Cup, plus Ipswich, Forest and Peterborough in the league. All three of his goals have arrived in these fixtures, an impressive haul which clearly suggests that he has more impact when starting games than emerging from the bench.

470Rudy-Gestede.jpg

Here's your chance to win a pre Carling Cup Final lunch with Cardiff City legends Nathan Blake and Jason Perry in this week's South Wales Echo.

1Bluebirds.jpg

With West Ham and Southampton both splashing the cash in the recent transfer window, it was to be expected that Cardiff City fans would be disappointed with a relative lack of spending.

Having navigated the transfer market in such an impressive manner during the summer, the expectation was that Malky Mackay would have identified his targets in recent months and would move swiftly to recruit the players necessary to maintain a promotion challenge.

In a WalesOnline webchat on Wednesday, Mackay revealed; "We had our targets and offered £1.5m, £1m and £3m for those players. The clubs did not want to sell in the end, which is their prerogative." The players in question being Brighton's Craig Noone, Blackpool's Matt Phillips and Watford's Marvin Sordell respectively.

470Marvin-Sordell.jpg

Tweet me at @roathboy

I left the game on Saturday disappointed and a little bit cross. Cardiff's late collapse was not the cause, these things happen and it's been on the cards for a few weeks if truth be told. The source of my sorrow was Joe Mason's opening goal.

2470Joe-Mason.jpg

A well-worked effort, with Andrew Taylor crossing, Don Cowie heading across goal for Mason to prod home. With Kevin McNaughton, Aron Gunnarsson and Craig Conway also involved, it was the type of goal we have come to expect under Malky Mackay's stewardship.

What I was not prepared for was the musical accompaniment that greeted the strike.

Goals do not require a theme tune, fans do not need a reminder of when and how to celebrate. Supporting your team in the flesh is an instinctive and emotive experience, the ebb and flow of the game dictates your mood and reaction. It's not the NBA, we don't need music to sustain our interest or prompt involvement.

Click here to watch the goal and listen to the music

After spending all day yesterday reporting on a quiet final day of business for Cardiff City, it was amazing how excited I was by Malky's 11th hour bid for Marvin Sordell.
The strong yet skilful Londoner is a man whose praises I have been singing since he tore the Bluebirds' defence apart at Vicarage Road and to a lesser extent, the Cardiff City Stadium last season.

Move to 2min 15sec to Watch Marvin Sordell score a wondergoal for England u21 against Israel

Had things been more clear cut, I'm sure on Malky Mackay's arrival at Cardiff, Sordell and Will Buckley, who was already on his way to Brighton by then, would have been his first targets.
As it was, the free transfers of former proteges Don Cowie and Andrew Taylor were some of Mackay's best business in South Wales. But I'm convinced bringing in his pair of young wing stars would have had him (and the Cardiff fans) licking lips at the start of this season.
But Buckley became Brighton's marquee million pound signing in their shiny new Amex Stadium leaving Malky to bide his time for starlet Sordell, who started attracting high profile suitors playing as a central striker for Sean Dyche's Watford after goal machine Danny Graham moved to Swansea City.
The irony of last night's unsuccessful business was that while Bolton came in to gazump Cardiff City's incredible £3m secret bid, Malky had his phone switched off at St Mary's.

Tweet me at @roathboy

When Malky Mackay took over in the summer, he inherited a squad painfully thin in midfield and up front, yet disproportionately well stocked in defence, especially at centre back. With Mark Hudson, Anthony Gerrard, Dekel Keinan, Gabor Gyepes and Darcy Blake, Mackay had plenty of options and variables to consider.

Three of the five were entering the final year of their present deal, club captain Hudson recently signed a new deal, leaving Gyepes and Gerrard as the remaining centre halves with uncertain futures. Gyepes has been particularly vocal in questioning the club's stance on this matter, not selected to play yet not made available for transfer, he would appear both out of favour and off the market.

A £200,000 signing from Northampton, the sale of Gyepes is unlikely to generate significant funds, whereas Gerrard, who cost only marginally more from Walsall, would certainly command a reasonable fee if sold. Having excelled on loan at Hull last season, Gerrard appeared to be valued as much as £3m in the summer, with Nigel Pearson keen to keep their reigning player of the year at the club.

1Gerrard.jpg

With transfer deadline day looming, Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay seems poised to make a bid for Wycombe Wanderers starlet Kadeem Harris.
The flying winger will be unheard of by most Bluebirds fans but has already attracted bids from the Premier League.
So here's a look at what Malky may be bidding for...

Click here for a look at Kadeem's stats

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire