Young striker Rhys Healey makes his Cardiff City debut

By Gareth Rogers on Feb 15, 13 04:18 PM in

Rhys Healey, Cardiff City's January signing from Connah's Quay Nomads, made his Bluebirds debut this week.
He played for Cardiff's under-18 team in a 2-1 friendly defeat against Exeter City.
Ben Watkins scored when he went for goal from 25 yards, but Exeter hit back to win.
Goalkeeper David Richards did well for City, while captain Kane Owen was another Bluebirds player to shine.
Healey had plenty of possession and went close several times. He was clean through just before half-time, but fired just wide.
1Rhys Healey.jpg

Exeter scored two second-half goals to win, but it was an excellent work-out for the Bluebirds.
They are at home against Charlton Athletic in an under-18 match today.
Healey has joined Cardiff on a two and a half year contract. He had scored 12 goals from 12 Welsh Premier starts and 16 in all competitions this season.
"Rhys is a young player who has a lot of potential," said City manager Malky Mackay. "He has been scoring goals at Welsh Premier level and will work with our development squad.
"He is another talented young player at our club and we have high hopes he will progress over the next couple of years."
As part of the deal, Cardiff have agreed to send a strong squad - featuring Healey - to the Deeside Stadium for a friendly next summer.

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr