The road to recovery: I saw Nicky Maynard train

By Gareth Rogers on Jan 31, 13 04:24 PM in

For those following Nicky Maynard's return to action closely - he is definitely back in training but appears a long way short of Championship action.
I watched the striker put through his paces during at solo session on the pitch at the Vale training ground.
1Maynard.jpg

The good news is, Maynard can run, but is still not going through sessions at full pace.
Also, he can turn, but to be honest, he looks a little ginger on his feet.
And he can kick a ball, but he is a long way short of blasting 20 yarders into the top corner.
Malky Mackay says the former West Ham man will not play for Cardiff City again this season and on the evidence of what I saw today, that seems an accurate call.
But as Maynard mainly walked through a series of shuttles with and without the ball, I could see progress in every step.
Hopefully he will be fit and firing at the start of next season and hopefully by then, he will be a Premier League player.

Leave a comment

Type the characters you see in the picture above.

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr