January 2013 Archives

For those following Nicky Maynard's return to action closely - he is definitely back in training but appears a long way short of Championship action.
I watched the striker put through his paces during at solo session on the pitch at the Vale training ground.
1Maynard.jpg

Sunderland fans enjoy singing this ode to Cardiff City signing Fraizer Campbell at West Brom.

Good on them.
Can the Bluebirds fans beat 10 minutes?

Malky Mackay appears to be in the market for a right back and Kevin McNaughton is out of contract in the summer, with no sign of a forthcoming offer. It doesn't look good for Super Kev.

A firm fan favourite, although maybe not as firm as a couple of years ago, McNaughton has experienced plenty of highs and lows in his 270 games for the club.

He has been at the forefront of Cardiff's pursuit of top-flight football and in his seventh season with the club, they may finally achieve that goal, with McNaughton on the periphery.

1Kev.jpg

Before I start, let me just say that I still don't understand or accept why Cardiff City had to change their kit from blue to red last summer - and I probably never will.
But one comment made at half time last Saturday has given me plenty of food for thought on the subject.
After an abject 45 minutes on the field I stood between Moss Rose's crumbling open away terrace and the even more run-down toilet facilities and somebody said to me: "This is the best advert for red we could have had."
And even with my staunch stance on the subject, I could not disagree with the sentiment.
When the draw was made, the idea of a trip to Barrow or Macclesfield seemed so romantic. "It would be like the good ol' days" we said. "Let's hope we can stand on an open terrace in the rain."
After 45 minutes on Saturday, the novelty wore off and all the talk was about just how dark the 'dark' days actually were.
1FA Cup.JPG

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire