Cardiff City v Middlesbrough: Three iconic matches

By Gareth Rogers on Nov 15, 12 10:43 AM in

With Bluebirds fans getting excited about Saturday's top-of-the-table Championship clash with Middlesbrough, we take a look back through the archive at some classic matches between Boro and Cardiff.

Starting in 1994, we look at the FA Cup third round clash, which Cardiff won in a replay at Ayresome Park.

1Stant .jpg

Then we look at the FA Cup quarter final, which Cardiff won at the Riverside Stadium.

Finally we hop back to 2011 when Middlesbrough exacted revenge by stunning Cardiff with a 3-0 win and halting their automatic promotion abitions.

Click here to flick through our amazing image galleries from the games

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr