November 2012 Archives

Classic Cardiff City tracks 'What's His Name' and 'Attack' are now available as downloads for the first time.

Originally released in 1992 in cassette form the tracks have been re-mastered and packaged as a 4 track EP form called 'Bluebirds Attack'.

1Image_.jpg

Produced by SWK and the 1927 Club, the tracks feature old favourites 'What's His Name', 'Attack', 'Blue Army' and 'Give Us A Goal' and can be found
on Itunes, Amazon, Juno, emusic, djdownload, and many other download sites.

Creator Mike Harris said: "The music is hard edged, using the chants of city fans and mixing them to the sound of powerful dance beats.

"They were a real success at the time being played in the clubs across South Wales and
getting an airing on national radio and television.

"The music conjures up the energy of the period and were recognised as the first ever 'dance football records'."

The tracks can be found by clicking here here or here

With Bluebirds fans getting excited about Saturday's top-of-the-table Championship clash with Middlesbrough, we take a look back through the archive at some classic matches between Boro and Cardiff.

Starting in 1994, we look at the FA Cup third round clash, which Cardiff won in a replay at Ayresome Park.

1Stant .jpg

Then we look at the FA Cup quarter final, which Cardiff won at the Riverside Stadium.

Finally we hop back to 2011 when Middlesbrough exacted revenge by stunning Cardiff with a 3-0 win and halting their automatic promotion abitions.

Click here to flick through our amazing image galleries from the games

On Saturday, the much awaited Fred Keenor statue was unveiled at the Cardiff City Stadium.
1Keenor.JPG
Let us know what you think of the statue and send your pictures of you in front of it to us here and we will publish them later in the season.
For now click here to look at our gallery

Our man Scott Johnson caught up with former Cardiff City striker Kenny Miller...

Tweet me at @roathboy

You scored your first MLS goal recently, how are you finding it in Canada?

"I'm really enjoying it, it's been a change. It's taken a little bit longer than I would have liked to get settled in, but I'm feeling pretty good now."

How does the standard of football compare to the other leagues you've played in?

"It's good. It's a different style of football, there's a lot of different aspects to the football here that can take its toll. The travelling and that kind of thing so it's a little different from being back home, but the standard is very good. There's a high level of technical ability in this league and it's something I'm really enjoying at the moment."

1Kenny Miller.jpg

Tweet me at @roathboy

As Cardiff fans remain split by the club's rebranding, the team appear to have developed a very different divide; the contrast between their record breaking home form and their recent travelling circus away performances.

At home, Cardiff have produced a 100% winning start, scoring freely with a miserly defence. On their travels, it's mistakes galore, losing five of their eight games thus far, against fairly timid opponents. So which is the 'real' Cardiff?

The truth of the matter is that they have been rather fortunate on occasion at home and unfortunate away at times. They are somewhere between the two, neither automatic promotion contenders nor mid-table scrappers, a solid challenger for the play off places. Exactly where they were before spending more than £10m in the summer!

470Malky.jpg

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire