August 2012 Archives

2Bellamy.jpg
This Cardiff City tribute song has been written and recorded by city band Fwdw-Cru and has been mixed and mastered by Super Furry Animals keyboard player Cian Ciaran.

Click on the green triangle to play the track

The Welsh recored track, called Sgorio, features commentary from Radio Cymru and celebrates the signing of hometown hero Craig Bellamy.

It will be aired before Sunday's home match against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

It will be released on ITunes next month and the group are planning to film footage for their promo video at the Cardiff City Stadium on Sunday.

South Korean Olympics 2012 star Kim Bo Kyung is in Cardiff and has joined the team for training.

470Kim Bo Kyung.jpg

Here is the man all the fans want to see, in action at the Bluebirds' Vale of Glamorgan training base.

How was it for you?

I have to admit, I struggled, it all left me feeling a bit numb. After so much disruption off the pitch during the summer, I was keen to focus on events taking place on the pitch, in the hope that it would provide a welcome distraction. If anything, the reality and gravity of the situation really hit home for the first time. It's red from here on in and it just doesn't feel like Cardiff City anymore.

I'm well aware that Cardiff have got it pretty good in many respects compared to a lot of other clubs, I also understand that such strong feelings based on the colour of a kit is completely irrational, but it still hurts. Maybe it will get easier over time, maybe it won't. The first game was always going to be difficult and having given the Newcastle friendly a miss, to postpone the inevitable, this was my red induction.

Should Cardiff secure the services of Craig Bellamy, there are even suggestions that Liam Lawrence may also return to the club, they will surely have their best ever midfield to call upon.

Aron Gunnarsson, Don Cowie, Kim Bo-Kyung, Filip Kiss, Stephen McPhail, Jordon Mutch, Kadeem Harris, Craig Conway, Peter Whittingham, Joe Ralls with Bellamy likely and Lawrence a possibility. Three Championship-standard midfield's worth. Good luck keeping everyone happy Malky.

1Bellamy.jpg

In Malky's favoured formation, the assumption is that Bellamy would play on the left, Bo-Kyung on the right with Mutch and Gunnarsson either side of Whittingham. Solid, creative with pace and balance, it looks the perfect blend, but surely Malky will seek to include Don Cowie? A fixture in the side last season and during his time at Watford, it's hard to imagine him kicking his heels on the bench.

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr