My starting 11 to face Liverpool in the Carling Cup final

By Scott Johnson on Feb 23, 12 11:24 AM in Cardiff City

Tweet me at @roathboy

I was tempted to go with Rudy Gestede, who has been impressive when starting, would provide an aerial threat and aid Kenny Miller. But I think he lacks the nous to trouble the Liverpool defence.

I also decided against including Joe Mason because I think he may struggle and prove ineffectual on such a big pitch, although he may make a difference from the bench.

I feel the game will be won and lost in midfield and have opted for the industry and bite of Filip Kiss instead, although he is a disciplinary timebomb.

My one real hope, in terms of selection, is that Mark Hudson is fit enough to play, his calm authority will be essential.

My team (4-1-4-1)

Heaton

McNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Whittingham

Cowie
Gunnarsson
Kiss
Conway

Miller

1 Comments

Adrian Ward said:

I would play Darcy with Turner, Heaton in goal, 5 in midfield and Miller up front.
HEATON

McNaughton Blake Turner Taylor

Whittingham

Cowie Gunnarson Mcfail Conway

Miller

Leave a comment

Type the characters you see in the picture above.

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire

From: Merthyr