February 2012 Archives

If any Cardiff City fans are still sad after Sunday's narrow defeat, rewind yourselves back a few weeks to a moment when every little thing really was gonna be ok.

Send us links to your videos from Wembley in the comments box below.

After quickly getting over Sunday's penalty heartbreaker, a flick through the global sports news unfurled this beautiful article from Malaysian newspaper the Sun Daily.
Even though parts of it are technically inaccurate, it is a fascinating insight to what is going on at the higher echelons of our club and how we are seen in the homeland of our owners.

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/306812

470Vincent-Tan.jpg

It's also worth taking a look at this article written about Vincent Tan retiring as the head of his Berjaya Group to 'concentrate on other projects.'
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/vincent-tan-pledges-rm600m-to-foundation-1.51783

Rival fans have been praising Cardiff City's Carling Cup final performance on WalesOnline. Here are a select few.

2Comments.jpg

It's a strange day to be a Cardiff City fan. On the one hand, there is complete devastation at losing a showpiece final so cruelly but conversely the sense of pride at putting in such a committed and tactically astute performance is unparalleled.

But we've got to look on the bright side and have a good laugh at one of our nemesis' Charlie Adam hitting Liverpool's second penalty into space.

Here's what was said on Twitter.

On Sunday 26th February, Cardiff City will be visiting Wembley for the 4th time in 4 years! I have heard, in certain quarters, people saying that Cardiff will have the 'home advantage' over Liverpool; of course this is all said with the tongue firmly in cheek! However, to have graced the Wembley turf that many times, in such a short period, is an accomplishment for any team, let alone one in the Championship.

I feel that through a combination of Cardiff playing their best football and Liverpool having an off day, there is no reason that the Bluebirds shouldn't expect to cause an upset. After all, who would've thought that Birmingham, struggling to stay in the Premiership, would have gone on to beat Arsenal in last year's showcase?

This is the first piece of silverware up for grabs in the domestic calendar, so Liverpool won't be taking it easy on us. They will set up to win, adding to their already impressive collection of 7 League Cup victories; a tournament record.

470Carling-Cup.jpg

1 2 3 4 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys