July 2011 Archives

One of the many positions I thought we could do with strengthening after losing so many players at the end of last season was between the sticks.

However it appears as though Malky is more than happy to allow the two current first teamers on our books, Tom Heaton and David Marshall, to battle it out for the Number One jersey.

1HeatonMarshall.jpg

I must stress that, although I am not overly sold on either keeper, they are both more than capable enough to keep one another on their respective toes as well as being decent enough to help us challenge for promotion, if the back four stay solid & focused.

I will be blogging live from Huish Park from 7.30pm tonight.
Get involved...

Mark Hudson: Rock or crock?

Malky Mackay last week confirmed he'd be his club captain, showing the same faith as his predecessor who fought to sign him.
But Mark Hudson seems to divide opinion among Cardiff City fans like no other player in recent memory.
Here our bloggers give their opinions on the towering centre back.

470Hudson.jpg

Since Malky Mackay strapped himself into the driving seat at City the rides been almost top speed for all involved.

Mackay's determination to tackle his never-ending to-do-list in gung-ho style is something that has impressed the Cardiff City support.

So much needs to be done and with each day there's a feeling that one more thing is being crossed off before the big day on August 7th.

MalkyMackay-1.jpg

Former Cardiff City striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been confirmed as Nottingham Forest's new first-team coach.

Hasselbaink is reunited with Reds boss Steve McClaren, who managed the Dutchman at Middlesbrough as part of the team which reached the UEFA Cup final in 2006.

1Hasselbaink.jpg

Since retiring from professional football in 2008, Hasselbaink turned his attentions to coaching and has been attaining his UEFA A Licence.

1 2 3 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire