Age: 27
From: Dinas Powys
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LPJ_CCFC
Favourite Ever Match: It's a toss up between the Play-off final of 2003 against QPR in the Millennium Stadium and the home tie against Swansea in 2010.

1Lee-Jefferies.jpg
I believe Malky Mackay is a fantastic appointment.
Mackay at Watford, with a squad of limited depth and experience, managed to finish a very respectable 14th in the league last season.
Given that he was working with a budget that was the second lowest in the league, this is a fantastic achievement.
At one point his Watford team, who played some fast, free flowing football, were looking to cement a play-off position, but sadly due to influences that Mackay had no control over the squad simply ran out of steam.
Malky Mackay is young and, in terms of managerial experience, a relative novice.
However, let's not forget that it was exactly the same for Paul Lambert and Brendan Rogers. There is a new breed of hungry young managers coming through with their finger on the pulse when it comes to how football should be played in 2011.
In Malky Mackay I thoroughly believe we have found one of those managers.
Along with a fresh outlook, new contacts and an understanding of the passion that Cardiff fans have, I believe that one of the key factors that Malky brings along with him is discipline. After the capitulation against Middlesbrough last season confirmed what many of us already knew - discipline was lacking under the leadership of Dave Jones, Mackay has already stated that players should 'leave their egos at the door' - music to every fan's ears.
Too often last season, it appeared Jones was overawed with the big names available for selection. I can't see this happening any longer.
If the board give Mackay similar financial backing to Jones along with Mackay's understanding of the importance of youth development from his tenure at Watford, I strongly feel that we should look forward to a long and prosperous time together.

Name: Jonny Moulds
Age: 21
From: Talbot Green
Twitter: http://twitter.com/JonnyMoulds
Favourite Game: 2-1 FA Cup victory over Leeds United

1Jonny-Moulds.jpg
The departure of Dave Jones was a welcome relief for me and the majority of fans.
The time had come for the club to freshen things up. A new direction with new ideas was needed - and so it came...eventually.
But if the process of appointing him had dragged on, Mackay more than made up for it all with the speed in which he laid out his plans for the club.
I was beginning to realise that things really are about to change at Cardiff.
After the press conference had concluded, I was left in no doubt what Mackay will bring to the Bluebirds.
He seems to focus a lot on discipline and after the shenanigans prior to the Middlesbrough game, surely that's not a bad thing.
I am excited about our future and about what Mackay sees as the way forward for a new side, a new brand of football with much needed new faces.
He might have been playing to the audience as he ticked boxes on passion, commitment and the relationship with fans but there was a genuine sense that Cardiff City had their man and I'm happy to go along with that.

Name: Jack Carter
Age: 19
From: Gloucestershire
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jackccfc39

1Jack-Carter.jpg
Dave Jones' six years on the throne at Cardiff City ended after another upsetting climax despite having a squad capable of finding safety in the Premier League.
Over half a decade at the club had grown stale for Jones and change was needed.
It took two and a half weeks for the board to announce Malky Mackay as manager of Cardiff City amid constant speculation, lame guessing and a collective sigh of relief after Alan Shearer claimed he was no longer interested in the job.
Malky Mackay is a manager who has been praised for his excellent man management, his tactical awareness and his desire to achieve.
The 2,000 City fans who travelled to Vicarage Road at the end of 2010 will be hopeful the style and organisation Mackay injected into his young side will be recreated in Cardiff.
If the 4-1 hammering wasn't enough then he should at least be applauded for realising Lee Naylor's vulnerabilities before Jones did.
However, it must be stressed that it's highly unlikely that the Bluebirds will be going into the 2011/2012 campaign with the same aspirations as they did last season, with or without Craig Bellamy.
Mackay's enormous rebuilding of a highly ambitious squad will be his biggest challenge and hopefully not his downfall. Asking the new squad to gel in time for August 7 is unrealistic but with a crowd exuding the passion and determination of a winning club as well as a belief in the manager then perhaps a different ending to our recurring nightmares is on the cards.

Name: Scott Johnson
Age: 32
From: Cardiff

Malky Mackay is a solid appointment.
Dave Jones did a great job with Cardiff but things had become stale, the performance against Reading made his job untenable.
Where Jones was seen as a dour character and slack in terms of discipline, Mackay should prove to be a breath of fresh air.
Young and upwardly mobile, he encourages attractive football and hard work, he appears keen to promote youth and comfortable working with a small budget.
He will need to find his feet in the transfer market quickly as a recruitment drive is required. Dave Jones was always dynamic in this area and it will be interesting to see if Mackay has the nous and contacts to bring in the required calibre of player - this could make or break his tenure.
In saying that, a high calibre of player only got Dave Jones so far, so maybe unearthing talent from further down the food chain, like Paul Lambert managed at Norwich, will prove to be the way forward and the capture of Craig Conway represents a good start.
Whether Mackay is a better candidate than some of the other contenders remains a divisive subject.
Chris Hughton has a wealth of coaching experience, has achieved promotion from the Championship and managed to keep a collection of big ego's in check.
Roberto Di Matteo also secured promotion and has experience of the Premier League, Championship and League 1.
Both were harshly treated and Cardiff were fortunate to have this calibre of manager available and interested.
In the end, Cardiff identified the man they wanted and were willing to pay a substantial compensation to get him. They certainly took their time choosing him, lets hope they chose wisely and afford him the time and resources to implement his methods.
Also, it could always be worse, it could have been Alan Shearer.

Name: Nathan Walker
Age: 17
From: Merthyr
Favourite Match: Doncaster 1 - 3 Cardiff last season

Twitter: Twitter.com/nathaanwalkerr
2Nathan-Walker.jpg
I am sure I'm with the majority of Cardiff City fans when I say that Gethin and Co have chosen one of the better candidates for the manager vacancy. From the Tuesday night when Shearer was nailed on for the job to the reports of Hughton and Di Matteo being unimpressed with their respective interviews. It seemed as though we were never going to get a manager in time for the Pre Season and he will miss out of players to add to our 5 a side team at the moment!. But credit to everyone at Cardiff, they have dug deep and pulled out what I believe to be a real gem in Malky Mackay. We saw first hand last December of what his young Watford side can do when they dismantled us 4-1 in Watford. With more spearheads and 'wiser heads' in that team perhaps they could have got a lot further. I guess the same could be said of us last year with Dave Jones. Mackay is showing his nous on Watford and Scotland already by bringing in Conway, Cowie and keeping tabs on Dundee Utd hitman David Goodwillie. From his very first press conference you could see he was a likeable and funny guy with a passion to succeed and hopefully he does with Cardiff City. Its refreshing to see that youth players like Ibrahim Farah who may not have gotten the chance to play, tweeting 'New gaffa is a ledge'. I feel that under Mackay, City can make their dream of the Premier League a reality. Albeit later than planned.

All the best and see you next month when, hopefully, Malky will have signed a new team

After riling Cardiff City fans on Twitter last night, today it looks as though Jay Bothroyd has forever alienated himself to QPR fans too after pricing himself out of a move to Loftus Road.
Bothroyd-QPR.jpg
Our colleagues at the Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle are today reporting free agent Bothroyd has demanded £50,000 per week to join Neil Warnock's team.
And with a wage cap somewhere around half of that at Loftus Road - the club is no nearer the extra firepower that would be provided by the England striker who scored a wondergoal against them at the Cardiff City Stadium last season.

After yesterday's mind games from the Dundee United board, today they have rejected a bid from Rangers for striker David Goodwillie.
The Press Association are tonight reporting:
"Dundee United tonight confirmed they have rejected a bid from Clydesdale Bank Premier League champions Rangers for striker David Goodwillie.
1David-Goodwillie,-.jpg
"The 22-year-old has been the subject of reported interest from npower Championship side Cardiff and Rangers, who tabled the offer today.
A United spokesman told Press Association Sport: "We can confirm we have received a bid from Rangers for David Goodwillie.
"The bid has been rejected because it does not meet our valuation."
Our sources tell us no deal will be done until Goodwillie's court appearances are dealt with but watch this space...

Would you like to see Goodwillie at Cardiff? Have your say in the comments box below

Out-of-contract striker Jay Bothroyd has launched a sensational Twitter attack at Cardiff City for placing assistant manager Terry Burton on gardening leave.
1Terry-Burton.jpg
Top scorer Bothroyd, who like Burton is expected to leave the Cardiff City Stadium this summer, launched the Twitter tirade today, saying: " Can't believe CCFC has put Terry Burton on gardening leave. He is one of the best coaches in the league if not the best."
He then followed up with subsequent Tweets, saying: "Are people stupid how can the assistant manager be blamed for not getting promotion ?" and then took a swipe at the fans saying: "Haha Cardiff fans have short memory ... Our team wasn't good enough as a whole thats honest and that's why we didn't gain promotion ."
1Jay-Tweets.jpg
New manager Malky Mackay is expected to name his backroom team in the coming days after missing out on his Watford number two Sean Dyche, who took the big job at Vicarage Road.
Bothroyd received a mixed reaction on Twitter for his comments.
Here are some of the highlights
1Jay-Reaction.jpg

What do you think of Jay's comments? Let us know in the comments box below

Premier League fat cats are starting to circle around Cardiff City hero Craig Bellamy.

Today our colleagues at the Liverpool Echo are suggesting Everton, Stoke City and Celtic are all set to join the battle with Bellamy's hometown club for his signature next season.

Despite Bellamy virtually promising his immediate future to the Cardiff City fans in advance of last season's play-off failure, the Echo suggest Everton boss David Moyes will enter the hunt for the fiery striker's signature in the coming days.

1bellamy-18.jpg

The report, written by Greg O'Keefe, says: "Moyes was keen on Wales striker Bellamy, 31, in January, but was unable to match his salary demands, and City eventually arranged a subsidised loan move to promotion-chasing Cardiff.

"And Everton could inquire again if Joseph Yobo's protracted transfer to Fenerbahce goes through, releasing funds to put together a package capable of attracting the former Liverpool forward.

£Moyes wants an experienced, proven Premier League goal-scorer, and Bellamy would fit the bill, but Stoke and Celtic could also enter the bidding and price the Blues out of the market."

Click here to read the whole Liverpool Echo article

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/06/29/everton-fc-to-keep-tabs-on-unwanted-manchester-city-duo-craig-bellamy-and-shaun-wright-phillips-100252-28960022/

Do you think Bellamy will still come to Cardiff? Have your say in the comments box below

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire