May 2011 Archives

Despite everything that's been said and written about Dave Jones in recent weeks, let's get one thing straight - it is the right time for him to leave.
And that is said with no personal grudge and, to be honest, with a heavy heart.
The reason he had to go was the fact that the 10 players who left the club last week will give the new boss a great chance to fill the wage bill with his own players.
Dave-Jones.jpg
But please, let's not get drawn into the Jones was bad for Cardiff argument. He should go with the best wishes of all Bluebirds as he definitely took the club forward and to some unforgettable games like the FA Cup final, a few six goal thrillers last season and the amazing play-off semi final win last season, which had us all on top of the world.
Obviously I haven't mentioned the tragic defeats at Sheffield Wednesday, Wembley and the recent Reading farce which many City fans are still suffering from and ultimately conspired to cost the man his job.
But this is no time for spitting bile. Thanks Dave but you had to go.
1JOnes.jpg
As far as the new manager goes, I would have love to have seen Sam Allardayce as my first choice and if QPR are crazy enough to dispense of Neil Warnock, he would be my second.
But in the likely event of neither of them taking over, let's approach Craig Bellamy. We all say we want to see passion and that guy has it in abundance. Bring us King Bellars.

Are you happy Dave has gone? and who would you like to see as manager? Have your say in the comments box below

1Lentil.jpg

The Lentil: Bluebirds blogger Statto1927 gives his player ratings and round-up of where the season went wrong and his thoughts on Dave Jones.
Well worth a read
http://www.stattos.blogspot.com/

Who were City's best performing players this year? Have your say in the comments box below

In a controversial week where Cardiff City fans have failed to pick themselves up off the floor, Arsenal loanee Jay Emmanuel Thomas has stuck the boot in with an outspoken Twitter rant.
1Jet.jpg
There can be no doubt that this is as sensitive a time for players as it is for the fans but to publicly use such language to criticise sections of those who've contributed to your Premier League wages surely can't be right.
111JETTweet.jpg
Although this incident probably says more about the dangers of high profile professional sports stars having this new platform of interaction with those who idolise them.
What it will ensure though, is should JET get a move anywhere other than Cardiff he will most likely get a poor reception off the Bluebirds fans.

What do you think of JET's outburst? Have your say in the comments box below.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys

From: Gloucestershire