March 2011 Archives

As I sit at my desk typing this I'm starting to feel a little queasy.
By the end of the day tomorrow, I'll get hot under the collar and by Saturday morning I'll feel physically sick.
Yet I won't go to see the doctor. I will instead indulge in a dose of kill or cure at the Cardiff City Stadium.
After the glory of an international break we are back to Championship action this weekend and well and truly at the business end of the season.
1Cardiff-City-pressure.jpg

Safe standing has reared its head again this week and the Football Supporters Federation are still banging the drum to get terracing back, as it is in Germany.
But it seems as though there is stiff high-profile opposition from the Premier League and the Hillsbrough Family Support Group.
At Cardiff, we had standing (at Ninian Park) long after the rest of the Championship had ripped their famous old terraces down.
1Grange-End.jpg
But would anyone give up their shiny seat at the Cardiff City Stadium for a spot on a crammed (or not so crammed) terrace?

Today, a former Bluebird, remembered mostly for flopping in the play-off final, was sent to jail for a drunken brawl in which he broke a man's jaw.

I'm sure Blackpool tough nuts Keith Southern and Alex Baptiste will be laughing their heads off at the thought, following big Kelv's weak Wembley show.

Etuhu.jpg

Read our report on WalesOnline today...

It appears utility defender 'Super' Kevin McNaughton will be moved back into the centre of Dave Jones' defence for the Cardiff City season run-in as the manager is chasing Bolton star JLloyd Samuel.
JLLoyd-Samuel.jpg
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-transfer-news-Cardiff-want-left-back-Jlloyd-Samuel-on-loan-with-view-to-a-permanent-deal-article716446.html
Our spies at Mirror Football say the former Villa defender could be heading to Cardiff on loan today - which will almost certainly see McNaughton replace the injured Mark Hudson in the centre of defence.

Saturday at Millwall, he was the architect of much that went right for Cardiff.
And his dramatic goals against Swansea and Reading will live long in the memory for all Cardiff fans - as will his incredible performance at Elland Road against Leeds United and Roy of the Rovers style debut against Doncaster.
But are things starting to turn sour in the marriage made in heaven between Cardiff City and Craig Bellamy?
Craig-Bellamy.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys