January 2011 Archives

He's coming back - if Arsene Wenger is to be believed at least.
The young star who should never have been allowed to leave is on his way back to Cardiff City.
Welcome home Aaron Ramsey.
Rambo.jpg

Okay, I admit it. I was wrong.
After all my excited claims about the romance of the cup yesterday, this morning I feel like I've been dumped - on a freezing January night, in a farcical ceremony that lasted half an hour longer than it should have.
Stoke-99.jpg

Browsing through the radio schedules for tonight's football, I noticed that the BBC's flagship football station Radio Five Live think they're reporting tonight's FA Cup tie against Stoke City from Ninian Park.
Five-Live-Football.jpg

Good luck calling the game chaps. This is about all you'll see.
Ninian-Now2.jpg

Two weeks ago I was completely dismissive of the FA Cup.
Having reached the final in 2008 an uninspiring draw at Stoke has me begging for defeat or anything but a replay.
"We need to concentrate on the league" and "we don't want a fixture pile-up" were the clichés flowing out of my mouth but something romantic happened to me while listening to the first tie up at Stoke on the radio.
Stoke_V_Cardiff_City_05.jpg

Having travelled to watch Cardiff City regularly for more than a decade, I must say I'm alarmed to see tickets for the next two away games break the £30 barrier.
After the fuss made when QPR's rich new owners tried to raise prices to visiting fans to £50 in 2008, the Championship ticket-pricing debate seems to have gone quiet.
But with visitors' tickets for Norwich and Swansea in the next three weeks costing £33 and £30 respectively, alarm bells have starting ringing for the future.
tICKETS-sOLD-OUT.jpg

1 2 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys