December 2010 Archives

No Boxing Day win since 1999 and sub zero temperatures putting you off Yuletide football this year?
Fear not, our man Gareth Rogers runs through his five reasons why you should head down to the Cardiff City Stadium this Sunday.
Dave-Jones-Santa.jpg

So the football's off tomorrow as Cardiff City have fallen victim to their annual big freeze call-off.
But never fear, our man Gareth Rogers comes up with his guide to what to do tomorrow, without getting cold or wet.

Bed-1.jpg
1) Stay in bed
It's been a busy time buying Christmas presents and trudging through snow, so what better chance to catch up on a few z's? Especially after staying up all night following the cricket.

AS the Dave Jones tirades spread across the forums on Saturday evening, my open mind was made up by Steve Claridge on the Football League Show.
When the BBC's Saturday night football round-up stopped in its tracks as the lovely assistant Lizzy turned to the former free scoring pundit and said: "Steve, Cardiff fans have been calling for Dave Jones' head on the texts and they want to know what you think of the situation there?"
The former Leicester City front man, who I've had a few positive exchanges with in the past, instantly dismissed such talk as "ludicrous" and my fragile mind was made up.
Claridge.jpg

Anyone around Cardiff City in the last few weeks can not fail to be impressed by the remarkable tirade of words that seem to be flying around.
Big characters like Dave Jones, Craig Bellamy and Michael Chopra have all publicly had their say on City's poor form, while even opposition manager Neil Warnock was given a platform to stick his nose in.
Jones-Bellamy.jpg

AFTER the 'shocking' news emerged yesterday that moneybags QPR were preparing a bid to lure Michael Chopra, few people were planning protests.
It seems that Chops has become the player 'frozen out' by the Bellamy signing and nobody can really find a place for him in the dream City formation.
I've heard Bellamy and Burke either side of Bothroyd in a 4-5-1 or Bellamy and Bothroyd up front with Burke and Whittingham (or even Koumas) wide in a 4-4-2, but nobody has yet come up to me this season and claimed "We can't drop Chopra."
CHopra-2.jpg

1 2 Next

From: Bedwas

From: Dinas Powys